Originally from Hieronymous, Axton spent ten years with the Dahl military force, reaching the rank of sergeant. After his pursuit of personal glory and disregard for orders led to numerous compromised missions, his wife and commanding officer Sarah simultaneously divorced him and discharged him from the military. Sarah made it a point to highlight that this would lead to his death by firing squad, then ordered him not to flee to any of the numerous border worlds beyond Dahl's reach. Taking her not-so-subtle suggestion, Axton went AWOL, using his skills and turret as a mercenary on other planets.
Axton became aware of the Vault thanks to a radio advertisement orchestrated by Handsome Jack, who had been monitoring the Commando's most recent bounty hunt. Although Axton was turning in more bounties and making far more money than anyone else in Sheriff Youngblood's jurisdiction, he found that it was too easy, and the lure of fame, fortune, and challenging combat drew him to Pandora.
Axton is able to deploy a versatile Dahl Sabre Turret, a mounted gun featuring 360° rotation that can be upgraded with many weapons and abilities. The turret's duration is 20 seconds and its cooldown is 42 seconds.
- 主文章： Axton/ECHO Recorders
When joining a game
- Ten years of Dahl military experience at your service.
- Commando here, lets get moving.
- Just point me in the right direction.
- Let's DO this!
- Nope...not today!
- I'm ready for ya!
- BRING IT!
- Come and GET it!
- Come on COME ON!
- Bring it on!
- Let's go!
When reviving an ally
- I'm not sayin' you owe me. I'm implying it.
- Wow. Do you work out, or...?
- Don't worry. I won't tell anyone.
- Hey, It happens to the best of us.
- On your feet, soldier!
- Fight through it!
- You're good, I got you!
- Don't stop shooting!
- On your feet, you'll get 'em next time.
When being revived
- Didn't know you cared!
- Damn, you're strong!
- Thanks! You saved my ass.
- Can't thank ya enough!
- You deserved it. Bitch.
- See ya... Bitch.
- Cool story bro.
- Ha! Did you see his face?
- Heh... Idiot.
- Wow. So that happened.
- Heh, that was cool.
Throwing a grenade
- Tossing a masher!
- Catch this!
- 'nade out!
Killing a Badass
- And the crowd goes wild!
- Oh, I love this planet!
- Shut up already...
- See ya, bro!
- He was angry.
- Badass down.
- Suck on that!
- That feel good, huh?!
- (in falsetto, 'female' voice) "Oh soldier, you're so great!" (in regular voice) "Come on, ladies, I'm not that cool..."
When recovering [Kill Revive]
- That's RIGHT!
- Like I was gonna die!
- Not dead yet!
- I don't die so easy!
- Nice try!
- Ha! Did you miss me?
- Who's next, huh!?
- I'm ready for more!
Deploying a turret
- You fellas meet the missus?
- Wanna meet my girlfriend?
- Go get 'em, honey!
- Let's get to killing, sweetheart!
- Hey, stand in front of this!
- Say hello, darling!
- Now you be careful, honey.
- Sorry, boys, I've got turret syndrome! Get it? 'Cause of the turret...? Sorry.
- Meet my lady friend!
- Tossin' the little lady!
- Autogun deployed!
- Sentry gun primed!
- Turret out!
- Chew em' up! (Sometimes says honey afterwards)
- YOU get a bullet! And YOU get a bullet! EVERYBODY gets a bullet! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- RAAAAAAAARGH! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- That's right, start runnin'! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- I got some for EVERYBODY! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- You're all gonna die! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- HAAHAHAHA! (After killing many enemies in rapid succession)
- Stronger, smarter...and more sexually attractive.
- Plus one to awesomeness.
- Beats the hell outta basic training.
- Bad guys - zero, Turret - a whole bunch!
- Autogun's chewin' 'em up!
- Atta girl!
- That's my girl!
- Turret, what would I do without ya?
- That's right! Let her mow you down!
- News flash, bitches: turrets kill!
- Autogun's wreckin' FACE!
- Love that turret!
- Nothin' like a turret kill!
- Eat 'em up baby!
- One more turret kill!
- Now THAT is amazing.
- Wow, that's... Wow.
- Good God...
- Well, hello there loot.
When ramming enemies while driving
- Coming through!
- Out of my way!
- That's fun.
When ramming another player in a vehicle
- Didn't mean to do that... Yes I did.
- My bad!
- What is this, bumper cars?
- Hope is insured!
- So does this thing not have air bags?
- Out of the way!
- Okay, that was mostly my fault.
- I got somewhere to be here!
- This... This is nice. Who wants to be out killin' stuff anyway? Me. I do.
- Y'know, Being a military man, I'm used to waiting... But I've got my limits...
- I left the military to get away from pointless waiting, dammit. And because I got dishonorably discharged... But mostly the first thing.
- Leave the military, come to Pandora, Stare at stuff...
- Heard of a guy stationed on Isolus got so bored he shot himself in the foot just to break the monotony. I know why that comes to mind right now.
- (singing) Duh duh Duh duh Duh duh duh daaa dah daaa dah daaa, but I got bored just standin' around, I wish someone would move me 'round... Sorry, I do that when I'm bored. Really, really bored.
- I dunno about you, but I'm on the edge of my seat... about to fall off of it.
- I could NOT be more bored. But hey, at least my C.O.'s not screaming at me and my friends aren't gettin' blasted to hell left and right. So there's that.
- Not the most exciting job I've been on...
- Come on! Those midgets aren't gonna blow their own heads off.
When looking at the map
- I should've paid attention in nav training.
- Huh... That's a lotta sectors to cover.
- I know exactly where I'm going... Yup, of course I do.
- Aaaand I'm lost.
Issuing a duel challenge
- If I win, we're totally making out.
- Come on. Put 'em up.
- Let's settle this.
- You and me! Right now!
With Handsome Jack's voice
- Testing? Testing one two? One two. And now I have the voice of a douchebag. Great.
- "I'm Handsome Jack! Commando, don't kill me! I'm so sorry!" Pow! "Augh, oh no, you're so much cooler than me, Commando..."
- Oh, I'm so bored-- ohh, forgot I had Jack's voice.
- Jesus, this feels weird.
- I somehow always knew I'd be stuck in the middle of nowhere trying to protect a city from a fascist whose voice I stole.
- Turret on the field!
- Turret kill confirmed.
- God, let's do this quick, can't stand sounding like this bastard!
- THAT'S RIGHT! (After getting second wind)
Spotting a Badass
- Big guy coming!
- Badass in range!
- Whoa! Badass!
- Target acquired.
- Badass incoming!
- [sniff] Kinda smells like butts, and dead people. (entering Unassuming Docks)
- Hello, madam. Is something the matter? (talking to Ellie/Eleanor in Flamerock Refuge)
- That thing looks like it does something to..the other thing...and...yeah, I got nothing. (when approaching the Dwarven Puzzle)
- Guns and women. And sometimes dudes.
Dropping the Crit
- Slippery piece of --
- Let's go save her, man -- chicks dig heroes. Just ask my wife. Well, ex-wife. Whatever. Point still stands. (words of encouragement for Ed)
- (when tasting whiskey):
- Jeez. That's awful.
- Hnggg. That sucks. I hate whiskey.
- I can't feel my face. Prob'ly a good thing.
- Sometimes you'll try to make people laugh by using a meme from the ECHOnet, but instead they'll track you down and set fire to your house. Look forward to that. (to make the baby cry)
- Dated a buncha people, but only got married the one time. Wonder how she's doin'. (when Moxxi asks about a mister-or-missus Vault Hunter in Axton's life)
- Times like this, a guy misses the high-quality stogies from the central planets. (when collecting the cigar box)
- Nah. That's weird as hell. (when Innuendobot asks if his Oedipal feelings for Moxxi are normal)
- (when collecting Stella's wig):
- Stella. Need your wig -- mind if I borrow it?
- Uhh... Thing is, I'm on a quest and it calls for that wig.
- Sorry, but I hate leaving quests unfinished!
- Ew. (when collecting the can of grease)
- I mean, a little. (when Innuendobot asks if his negging made Axton love him)
- Oh, good, I hated that guy. Kinda weird that he just randomly exploded, though. Don't remember that happening in basic. (When finding Axton's assassin)
- (*Whistles*) Must have been a hell of a fall. (When finding Gaige's assassin)
- Hunh -- death by poison. Don't see much of that these days. Old school, I like it. (When finding Maya's assassin)
- Should somebody cut him down, or ... no? Alright. (When finding Salvador's assassin)
- This guy piss off a doctor or something? (When finding Krieg's assassin)
- That's, uh... yeah. (When finding Zer0's assassin)
On the PlayStation vita version, there is a glitch where Axton's voice will be replaced with Salvador's voice. It's cause is unknown, but it was first noticed when his jump effort pants sounded different.
Notes *Axton's melee weapon is a tomahawk.
- With careful point spending it is possible to get the turret featured in the opening title sequence. (Double Up and Mag Lock)
Trivia *Axton's ex-wife Sarah was also his former commanding officer, and Axton wears her dog tag and wedding band.
- Axton is wanted for war crimes, and the bounty on his head is $5,000,000,000, which is the lowest among the six playable Vault Hunters in Borderlands 2.
- Axton has a dislike of cats.
- Although Axtons sexuality has had controversy, Axton is officially bisexual.
- Axton was to be executed by a firing squad, avoiding the execution only because he went AWOL and went to Pandora.
- If Axton is the chosen as the starting character, an ECHO log will be in the inventory about Axton and his wife, Sarah. It plays the dialogue between them of Sarah discharging Axton from the military and suggesting that he go AWOL to the border worlds. She also gave him back her wedding ring, saying she never liked diamonds.
- When Axton deploys his Sabre Turret he sometimes addresses it with pet names such as "sweetie", "honey", "the Mrs.", or his "girlfriend".
- Axton's quote "throwing a masher" is a reference to the nickname of the German Model 24 grenade "the potato masher".
- Axton's quote "oscar-mike" is a phonetic alphabet delivery of the letter "O" and "M". This a military acronym used most often by infantrymen meaning 'on the move'.
- Axton's Class Mod is represented by the device mounted on his right shoulder.
- Axton apparently has had a dispute with Tiny Tina, having said some things that made her throw dynamite at him. 
- BL2-Character-Concept-Art axton.jpg
- Axton profile.jpg
- Axton Turret.jpg
Axton's Wanted Poster
- Borderlands2 Axton 2.png
- Axton's Skill Tree
- (See Lynchwood ECHO recordings)